- Cut 2 slits (shape of X) through shell. Place cut side down in single layer baking sheet.
- Bake at 450˚ for 20-25 minutes
- Turn once halfway through.
Traditional Chestnut Bread Stuffing
Makes about 8 cups or enough to fill a 10 lb. turkey.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp. sage
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 8 cups bread cubes
- 4 cups Roasted Chestnuts (see roasting instructions)
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan cook celery and onion in butter till tender. Remove from heat and stir in chestnuts, all dry seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Place the dry bread cubes in a large mixing bowl and add the onion mixture from step 1. Toss lightly with a fork and drizzle with enough broth to moisten.